How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Responsible for providing administrative oversight to a number of functions involved in the daily activities of the organization and its various components. Assists in the development and administration of the organization’s policies and procedures. The primary duty of employees in this classification is the management of a customarily recognized department or subdivision, including the supervision of three or more full-time equivalent employees every week. Direction is over a permanent status-continuing function, not a collection of employees assigned to complete a project. Management duties include interviewing, selecting and training of employees; setting and adjusting their rates of pay and hours of work; planning and directing their work; appraising their productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in their status, handling their complaints and grievances and disciplining them when necessary. Management responsibilities include the authority to hire, fire, or promote assigned employees or make recommendations that are given particular weight. Employees have impact on budgeting, controlling costs, planning, scheduling, and procedural change. Under FLSA, incumbents in this position meet the criteria for exempt status.
Provide strategic direction, administrative and operational leadership to all functions and programs within CW Segment including program and service development.
- Work closely with department administrators of Pediatrics, OB/Gyn, VVWH, Pediatric Surgery and sub-specialities, Nursing, Physicians, ACU's and other colleagues accross the UMHS.
Provide oversight and support for process improvement, cost reduction efforts, quality and safety program.
- Prioritize clinical initiatives, deploy resources as needed, and track progress
- Participate in UMHS PI initiatives, deploy in CW Segment as appropriate
- Active member of CW Quality and Safety Committee and CW Operations Committee
Provide Administrative Leadership for CW Segment Operations to meet Clinical Priorities
- Liaison with operational services including but not limited to Pharmacy, Radiology, Respiratory Care, PT/OT, Pathology, SWAT, Survival Flight, Facilities, Accreditation, regulatory and Emergency Preparedness, etc.
- Partner with support services including but not limited to Environmental Services, Grounds, Parking, Cafe, patient transport, supply management, Guest Services and DPSS, etc.
- Partner and collaborate with ACU’s, pediatric and VVWH by attending meetings, sharing information, participate in joint ventures, and other initiatives as needed.
- Oversight of all Administrative support staff for CW Administration
- Plan agendas and support the following leadership meetings: CW Segment, CW Strategic Executive and Financial Committee, CW Executive Committee and CW Leadership Committee and others as appropriate
Responsible for CW programs including but not limited to
- Child Life
- Family Center
- Community Relations
Provide Financial oversight in partnership with ACFO
- Prepare annual CW segment operating and capital budget plans as well as CW administration budgets.
- Participate in cohort process, assist in preparation of documents.
- Present information to CW Leadership for review and support
- Provide supporting details written and verbally as needed
- Identify and Participate in cost reduction efforts
- Provide corporate approval for FTE changes including salary and postings.
- Lead and complete the merit (annual salary program) for CW Administration.
Employee and staff support
- Develop/ recruit/ support CW administration team. Provide mentoring, coaching and career development opportunities
- Lead effective meetings and provide substantial feedback for growth and retention.
- Encourage participation in the employee engagement survey and review results for CW Segment and participate/ support any action plans
- Oversee employee engagement results and action plans for CW Segment
Serve as an active participant and resource on UMHS committees
- G12, Mplan, DMS, AOC-ICOC, Emergency Management, etc.
- Partner with Development on CW focused services and events
- Administrative liaison with North Star Reach
- Active member on Mott Golf Classic Committee
- Provide oversight for major construction projects
Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in health care or related field
- Five to seven years of experience leading health care initiatives
- Progressive leadership experience
- Documented strong and effective communication skills
- Ability to build engaging teams
- Experience with process improvement and project management
- Financial experience building budgets and setting targets
Experience in pediatric health care setting
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.