How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Collaborate with all Memory Program Specialist Team Members to plan, implement and evaluate a daily dementia-care activity program, sharing responsibility and opportunities equally.
- Assist individual club members with personal care as needed, including toileting, mobility and changing soiled clothes, washing.
- Provide a safe and comfortable environment focusing on the well-being of program participants.
- Set up program rooms/areas including tables, chairs and equipment and monitor for ongoing accessibility/safety.
- Plan, prepare, serve meals and snacks.
- Provide appropriate monitoring and supervision of participants during meals and snack-times
- Respond to emergency situations quickly and calmly per agency policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of participants/ backgrounds, abilities and challenges and monitor continuously.
- Communicate with participants’ family members about participants’ accomplishments, needs, and changing cognition, health and/or behavior.
- Monitor participants’ continued appropriateness/eligibility for program, and advise Director of potential discharges.
- Assist with new participant assessment visits
- Coordinate participants’ program transportation services.
- Participate as a Care Planning Team member, developing goals and care guidelines according to the participants’ needs; document and monitor per program standards.
- Document members’ activities, progress, changes and any other significant events per program standards.
- Participate in staff meetings and other internal boards/committees as assigned.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.