How to Apply
Please apply to the umjob posting id: 161351 as well as forwarding your Cover letter and CV directly to Hebao Yuan at @email@example.com
The laboratory of Dr. Sun at the College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to study drug tissue distribution in cellular levels in various mouse models (pharmacy.umich.edu/sun-lab). The Sun Lab's research focuses on drug discovery and nanomedicine for cancer therapeutics. One of the areas is nanomedicine for targeted drug delivery and cancer therapy. We employ a combination of state-of-the-art approaches, including mass spectrometry imaging, confocal microscopy, etc. to dissect the drug tissue distribution in cellular levels.
Responsibilities include preparing and characterizing nanoformulations; working with various mouse tumor models; handling mice; performing cryosectioning and IHC.
- Ph.D. in a discipline related to pharmaceutical sciences.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with handling mice.
- Proficiency in nano/pharmaceutical techniques.
- Solid background in tumor biology and nanoformulations is preferred.
- Ability to perform cryosectioning and IHC is a plus.
- Candidates are expected to conduct research independently under the supervision of the PI.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.