How to Apply
NOTE: Position is funded for one (1) year only.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, candidates must include a cover letter specifying your interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
Candidates should also submit three writing samples with application. Samples can be shared via a link included on the cover letter or resume.
As a member of the External Relations team, the Marketing Content Strategist will develop compelling content throughout various communications channels focused on promoting the mission, reputation, brand key differentiators and program offerings of the University of Michigan-Dearborn. Working under the supervision of the Executive Director of Communications and Marketing and in close collaboration with the Office for Undergraduate Admissions, the Content Strategist will drive the messages and value proposition of University of Michigan-Dearborn to key audiences including prospective undergraduate students/parents (primary) and current students/parents, faculty and staff (secondary).
The ideal candidate is able to develop message strategy and craft content based on audience insights and is a skilled storyteller who can work with a team to develop compelling materials for all audiences. Deliverables include content for email, direct mail, social media, websites, video and print and digital advertising. Collaboration with departments across campus will ensure that messages generated are consistent and resources are maximized.
- Develop an understanding of the profile, needs and desires of key undergraduate admissions target audiences and translate this understanding into communication that drives desired behaviors.
- Develop a multi-channel content strategy and calendar to support the recruitment of prospective undergraduate students.
- Write and edit effective copy for email, websites, social media, videos, and collateral materials.
- Develop new content topics and types in response to market needs.
- Ensure that all undergraduate admissions content is on-brand according to university guidelines; is consistent in style, quality and tone of voice, and is optimized for user experience.
- Ensure the accuracy of all connect through proofreading and editing skills.
- Work collaboratively with units throughout campus to coordinate messaging, timing and channels to most effectively reach stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the university social media specialist oversee undergraduate admissions social media channels.
- Additional duties as assigned
- A bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications or a related liberal arts field is required.
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience in a content related role.
- Outstanding writing, proofreading and editing skills with a proven ability to create content that engages a variety of audiences.
- Ability to communicate complex and nuanced information in a simple, compelling way.
- Ability to build productive, collaborative relationships with staff, students and faculty.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects, work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Skills with Adobe Creative Cloud products, a plus.
- Understanding of administering social media platforms.
- Interest in, understanding of, new and emerging technology.
- Must be professional, service oriented, creative, self-motivated, highly organized, team player.
- Experience with a Content Management System, preferably Drupal
- Experience with a CRM student, preferably Salesforce
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.