How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Digital Education is a new strategic priority for Michigan Ross. While Ross faculty have co-created some of the most popular and broad-reaching offerings in the MOOC space, 2018 brings with it a new level of commitment to creating and implementing a digital education strategy that will allow Ross to establish itself as a leader in the digital learning space. Ross’ vision for Digital Education challenges faculty across the school to creatively deploy and purposefully experiment with technology to enable personalized education for future and current Ross students, as well as lifelong learning for the entire Ross alumni community. The Office of Digital Education is responsible for bringing this vision to life through three critical school functions: digital asset creation; digital program development and delivery; and assurance of learning across the school. All members of the Office of Digital Education collaborate to support this vision and these functions.
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is seeking a Communication and Graphic Designer who can work in a multi-disciplinary team to bring to life strategies, stories and ideas. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in graphic design and significant experience in digital, motion, and/or illustration. The Communication and Graphic Designer will be working within a start-up environment to develop, manage and launch new digital learning initiatives in partnership with the world-class faculty of Michigan Ross. This position will report to and work closely with the Managing Director, Office of Digital Education to create and incubate a collection of new, exciting, and ground-breaking digital offerings.
- Collaborates with the Managing Director in the definition, design, and development of new digital offerings
- Collaborates with researchers in the Office of Digital Education to visually communicate quantitative and qualitative research related to digital education and assurance of learning
- Design and develop graphics that strategically enhance teaching and learning
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, New Media, Fine Arts or an equivalent degree
- Extensive experience across a variety of media including a fluency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; additional skills in Sketch, After Effects, and digital prototyping tools
- Evangelist for the value, benefits, and future of digital education
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.