How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Digital Education is a new strategic priority for Michigan Ross. While Ross faculty have co-created some of the most popular and broad-reaching offerings in the MOOC space, 2018 brings with it a new level of commitment to creating and implementing a digital education strategy that will allow Ross to establish itself as a leader in the digital learning space. Ross’ vision for Digital Education challenges faculty across the school to creatively deploy and purposefully experiment with technology to enable personalized education for future and current Ross students, as well as lifelong learning for the entire Ross alumni community. The Office of Digital Education is responsible for bringing this vision to life through three critical school functions: digital asset creation; digital program development and delivery; and assurance of learning across the school. All members of the Office of Digital Education collaborate to support this vision and these functions.
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is seeking a Lead Learning Experience Designer who can work in a multi-disciplinary team to bring to life course and program strategies, stories and ideas. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in the science of learning and learning design. This position will report to and work closely with the Managing Director, Office of Digital Education to create and lead a team of Learning Experience Designers to incubate a collection of new, exciting, and ground-breaking digital offerings.
- Lead a team of Learning Experience Designers to develop content for all Ross programs
- Lead cross-functional efforts between all Office of Digital Education units and other units at Ross
- Collaborate with researchers in the Office of Digital Education to create research-based curricular and co-curricular digital courses and tools
- Collaborate and consult with Ross faculty to create new digital courses and programs
- Collaborate and consult with Ross faculty to transform pre-existing courses into new digital courses
- Collaborate and consult with Ross faculty to author lesson plans that apply science of learning and adhere to Ross digital Assurance of Learning initiative
- Collaborate and consult with Ross faculty to transform their research into new digital assets
- Lead efforts to make all Ross faculty and staff aware of learning experience design resources
- Develop relationships with faculty and others involved with intellectual capital creation at Michigan Ross, gaining a working knowledge of teaching agendas
- Master’s degree plus seven years of experience in a relevant industry
- Evangelist for the value, benefits, and future of digital education
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.