This position will serve as an assistant to the Interpreter Services Medical Interpreter Training Academy. This position will oversee the maintenance and organization of medical interpreter training courses. The assistant will coordinate with instructors, MITA Coordinator, IS Program Coordinator, IS Director, CHS Marketing and Events Coordinator and MITA students.
- Applications and processing for Continuing Education Credits.
- Supply purchasing for classes.
- Maintain master calendar such as room blocking and class scheduling.
- Schedule and organize bilingual over-the-phone assessments for Bridging the Gap candidates.
- Record bilingual assessment results and submit score report to Bridging the Gap candidates.
- Process registration payments and maintain registration lists.
- Coordinate breakfast, lunch and snack menu for classes.
- Coordinate instructor and class helpers.
- Prepare folders, copies and handouts for each class & instructor.
- Act as point of contact for students and staff.
- Respond to MITA emails and voice messages.
- Work with CHS Marketing and Events Coordinator to update information for MITA class website.
- Assist with setting up guidelines for the Community Interpreter grant.
- Process monthly reports from community agencies as part of the Community Interpreter grant
- Maintain volunteer hours from the Community Interpreter grant
- Maintain Volunteer Interpreter Data Bank.
- Complete projects as assigned.
Clerical experience required
Experience working with a diverse staff
Able to process reports
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.