Position Title: Career Peer
This is a Federal Work Study Position ONLY.
- Attend mandatory training on Friday, September 7th, 2018.
- Shadow Career Counselors in a minimum of 5 resume review sessions.
- Facilitate one-on-one resume reviews with undergraduate students utilizing the specific guidelines in our UM-Dearborn Career Services Packet.
- Make appropriate recommendations for follow-up appointments.
- Maintain accurate daily records of all student meetings.
- Participate in Career Services events as needed.
- Perform other Career Services office duties as needed.
Start Date: September 7th, 2018
- Must have good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work with a diverse campus community of students, staff, alumni, and employers.
- High level of interpersonal skill and professionalism.
- Ability to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Able to use multi-line phone system, PC compatible computer, and Microsoft Word.
Flexible work hours. We will work around your schedule.
- Exception: Must be available to attend training on Friday, September 7th, 2018.
- Ability to work the full academic year (September 2018 - April 2019).
- Able to use google calendar and google documents.
- Able to work Friday mornings.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.