How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In your cover letter, please indicate how you discovered this opportunity.
Reports to: Senior Associate Director of Web & Data Integrations, Dev Services & Strategic Solutions
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic developers who are passionate about new technologies/patterns/practices, pushing innovation and providing sustainable solutions. As a proven teammate, you will understand the software development life-cycle, be involved with agile development/testing process, and engage with partners to provide support for our ever-evolving solutions. Expect your time breakdown to be roughly:
- 50% programming
- 30% testing
- 20% everything else (support, deployments, retreats, exploring new tech, etc)
Joel Test Score (10 out of 12)
- Do you use source control? Yes
- Can you make a build in one step? Yes
- Do you make daily builds? Yes
- Do you have a bug database? Yes
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
- Do you have a spec? Yes
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? No
- Do you have testers? Yes
- Do I write code during my interview? No
- Do you do hallway usability testing? Yes
- Object oriented coding skills
- Interest in full-stack web development (front-end, back-end, database)
- Confidence you will make a difference in our solutions
- Familiarity with Scrum methodologies.
- Understanding of HTML5, CSS 3, SASS, mobile responsive, and accessibility development.
- Contributions to Open Source Software projects and/or StackOverflow answers.
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers.
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
The U-M development community is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and thriving workforce, and demonstrating respect and inclusivity for all.
We are a small agile team of full-stack developers who strive to continually improve our technology platforms and provide compelling solutions. We work with an outstanding design team to build appealing, responsive, state of the art user interfaces. We work for one of the greatest public universities in the country and provide tools to support its greatest causes.
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers comprehensive benefits* including:
- Generous time-off and flexible hours
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Retirement plan with matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive medical insurance
- Life insurance
- A long-term disability option
- As well as several other features that give to peace of mind
- *Full-time employees and part-time employees appointed to work at least 20 hours/week in a regular non-temporary position qualify for our benefits program. (comprehensive benefits information)
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.