The Department of Pathology, Division of Pathology Informatics is seeking a Business Systems Analyst, Intermediate to support the Department of Pathology’s clinical data product provisioning needs in various settings, including: (1) clinical management of patients, (2) business and operational metrics and (3) clinical, business and operational data analytics. The successful candidate will work with multiple clinical laboratory groups and must possess the skills needed to extract clinical laboratory and patient data from multiple clinical databases, including SCC Soft LIS, Epic (Clarity, Kaboodle, and Chronicles), and others. Specific emphasis is placed on the candidate’s ability to perform data provisioning tasks including ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), SQL (MySQL, SQL server, Oracle, and PostGres SQL) and other database tasks, in addition to being able to work in a team environment. Additional skills are sought for the generation of custom reports for Michigan Medicine and external MLabs client physicians, such as activities, management, utilization, turnaround time, continuity of care diagnostic specific tracking, etc.
- Maintain existing custom applications including creation of customized PDF reports with embedded images and templates
- Analyze data and provide custom management reports as needed including providing business intelligence analysis of data as requested
- Maintain and deploy custom source code
- Provide support for integration of outreach processes with Michigan Medicine and implementation of automated solutions
- Assist with the implementation of outreach interfaces to the LIS (laboratory information system)
- Test, validate, and document new interfaces, software changes, and software upgrades
- Provide off shift support when required
- Increase quality and service through relationships with internal personnel and external business partners
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal personnel and external business partners
- Present/share project issues in application team meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and/or 3-5 years of relevant experience
- 2 – 5 years of experience working is a large complex healthcare environment
- Understanding of clinical laboratory data and workflows, in addition to a basic understanding of the reference laboratory information technology environment
- Experience supporting clinical laboratory webportal products such as Atlas LabWorks, or laboratory information systems such as SCC Soft Computer
- Experience with enterprise relational database management systems such as Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with performing clinical activities reports, either in the general medical enterprise or within the clinical laboratories
- Familiarity supporting interfaces at a healthcare facility with working knowledge of HL7 messaging protocol
- Familiarity with Visual Studio
- Familiarity with programming in VB6, VB.NET, and C#
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.