How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Print Copy Mail team has an exciting opportunity to employ a Customer Inquiry Clerk Intermediate to support delivery of Copy Center services to university administrative and academic units. As a Customer Inquiry Clerk Intermediate, this individual is responsible for answering customer questions related to submitted copy center requests, accurately generating Copy center tickets based on customer requirements, reviewing all Copy Center tickets for accuracy, and resolving billing issues.
This position is a full-time appointment and will report to the Copy Center Supervisor. This role requires someone who can work under limited supervision, proactively anticipate and resolve problems, has experience in a role providing excellent customer service, has the ability to execute routine procedures, and has the passion to exceed customer expectations.
The selected candidate will:
- Select methods of storage and stock location.
- Monitor all inventory and place orders for stock and supplies.
- Coordinate job distribution between production machines for level loading.
- Coordinate and support copy centers and provide electronic assistance to team members as needed.
- Coordinate unit activities to affect stock exchange.
- Participate in inventory control procedures and perform physical inventory of stock items. Clean assigned area of work and equipment.
- Direct orders for non-stock materials, as needed.
- Direct orders for special order items, as needed.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in position.
- Applies some advanced skills to the position within assigned functional area.
- May adapt procedures, processes and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
- Duties and tasks are frequently non-routine.
- Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Under FLSA, incumbents in this position are nonexempt.
Procurement Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.