How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is hiring four (4) Administrative Assistants. Each assistant will be assigned 2-3 varsity athletic programs. These positions are part of the Sport Administration Team and will report directly to assigned Head Coaches. These appointments are structured at a 50% effort, which is equivalent to 20 hours per week. Administrative assistants are responsible to perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with NCAA, Conference and University rules, regulations and policies.
- Performs a variety of clerical and secretarial duties.
- Answers and screens telephone calls.
- Schedules and maintains calendars for the team and coaches.
- Prepares travel itineraries.
- Receives and responds to routine correspondence.
- Collaborates with program personnel and department team members.
- Compiles information and maintains databases.
- Reconciles and processes expense reports.
- Plans and organizes special events for the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or some college credit completed.
- Minimum of five years of administrative assistant experience in a professional office setting.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and confidentiality.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and ever changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Demonstrate a positive and energetic attitude.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and support staff within Michigan Athletics and the UM community.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to compose and edit correspondence.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.