How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Shared Services Center (SSC) is a customer service organization where the employees are passionate about providing a high quality customer service experience to the university community. The SSC offers key financial and human resource transaction services to customers through consistent processes and enabling technology.
The SSC seeks an experienced Senior Robotics Process Analyst/Developer to design, develop, modify and configure RPA application programs for the various business teams. This role requires a strong understanding of RPA, end user security configuration, a broad level of experience with enterprise source systems, often used to manage business processes, and existing platform providers to assist in the optimal development and testing of automation solutions. The role is to create capacity through process automation so that the SSC can do more innovative and critical work in the future.
- Understands RPA architecture, infrastructure and security requirements in partnership and alignment with respective IT departments and standards
- Analyzes, understands and documents the business processes in detail
- Identify and remove roadblocks in current processes to maximize the quality and benefit of automation
- Speaks openly about concerns and risks, and helps work collaboratively toward mitigations
- Contributes to vision to mature RPA development capability by establishing technical vision
- Communicates effectively with business partners and shares understanding of the technical requirements with those interested to learn
- Provide technical feasibility assessment while collaborating with Process Owner to guide decisions and provide technical know-how
- Provide subject matter expertise on automation delivery
- Report out to leadership on progress of development activities
- Bachelor of Information Technology (IT) or Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional software development experience preferably on automation and/or integration projects
- 2 + years’ experience in RPA technologies (e.g. Automation Anywhere, UiPath)
- Demonstrated experience working with IT organization on a project or program
- Ability to leverage organization influence and exercise leadership through others
- Has a strong sense of ownership; seeks role with accountability and autonomy
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to build strong relationships and a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Previous project leadership experience
- Familiarity with user interface development, modification and maintenance
- Familiarity with Java and API calls
Organizational Core Competencies and Skills:
- Advancing the Mission - Demonstrates ability to operate effectively in a manner consistent with the University of Michigan mission and culture. Exhibits understanding of the unique issues related to higher education.
- Building Relationships/Interpersonal Skills - Values organizational diversity, treats others with respect, and promotes cooperation. Effectively manages relationships and collaborates with others at all levels throughout the University.
- Creative Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking - Develops and creates ideas, processes, and approaches focused on the future.
- Communication - Demonstrates excellent communication skills to those at all levels throughout the University. Ability to adapt communication style to address the needs of individuals at all levels throughout the University.
- Development of Self and Others - Seeks opportunities to learn and develop themselves and others by setting developmental goals and seeking performance feedback. Applies new skills and knowledge gained in an effort to add value to the organization.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to Change - Responds positively to and champions change to others.
- Leadership/Achievement Orientation - Holds self and staff accountable for meeting established objectives and successfully accomplishing desired outcomes.
- Quality Service - Strives to meet the expectations of internal and external customers, firmly establishing a service first culture. Displays solid understanding of internal control concepts and the implementation of internal control systems in a complex business environment. Delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
The University of Michigan, with an operating budget of over $7 billion, is a leader in higher education. U-M SSC provides administrative support related to financial and human resources in the following areas: Accounts Payable, Travel and Expense, General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Benefits, HR Data Management, Time and Leave, and Employment Process. To learn more about U-M SSC, please visit our website: SSC.umich.edu
We offer our employees an extensive total compensation package including competitive pay, a two-for-one retirement contribution, a variety of health insurance options, and a generous vacation plan. In addition, there are seven paid holidays and four paid season days.
The Shared Services Center seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.