To provide and promote exceptional customer service for referring physicians, patients and their families served at the Kellogg Eye Center.
- Provide check in and check out services to patients
- Provide phone coverage for call center in clinical area
- Schedule new and return visits determining appropriate sub-specialty within a clinic based on symptoms described and urgency of the appointment request
- Schedule patients for consultations in other clinic diagnostic studies and ambulatory surgery, determining the sequence and coordinating times
- Instruct patients on preparations needed for appointments
- Maintain and update appointment schedules based on change in availability of medical and other professional staff
- Complete financial documents including type of visit, reason for service, charge for service and diagnostic code
- Collect cash and credit card payments from patients using established guidelines to determine patient pay portion, insurance portion or professional courtesy
- Provide information to patients regarding billing procedures
- Determine the necessity within established guidelines for immediate attention conditions of an emergent nature
- Reconcile clinic cash collections daily and making daily bank deposit
- File medical charts and document imaging
- Schedule patients for outpatient surgery
- Prepare charts for clinic visit
- Other duties as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Respectful and compassionate attitude promoting service excellence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work load.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrate flexible and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment to meeting or exceeding the needs of our patients and referring physicians.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative and collegial interactions with patients, family members, caregivers and coworkers.
- Demonstrate skill in keyboarding, Excel, Word and Power Point applications.
- Some college preferred.
- Experience with MiChart and Cadence applications
- Previous experience in a health care setting.
- Experience or knowledge in the field of ophthalmology.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are Teamwork, Caring, Innovation and Integrity.
- Teamwork: We are a collegial, productive and collaborative community
- Caring: We are respectful and compassionate.
- Innovation: Our curiosity drives innovation and the quest for knowledge.
- Integrity: Our ethics are built on openness, honest and trust.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.