How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com
The University of Michigan has a challenging and rewarding opportunity available for a responsible, organized and motivated individual in Corpus Christi, TX. We are searching for an experienced Administrative Assistant to support a major federally funded research project studying Alzheimer’s and other dementias in Nueces County, TX.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to project manager, field office director, data analyst, and field interviewers. This position will provide support that reflects substantial variety and complexity. This is a part-time position (20 hrs/week) that may occasionally require a flexible schedule to accommodate field interviewers who work evenings/weekends. This is a term limited position lasting one year.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage recruitment and follow-up mailouts: utilize mail merge, prepare mail for distribution, and keep necessary records.
- Answer and direct phone calls maintaining good telephone etiquette. Communicate with potential study participants to address any concerns or questions.
- Manage/make reminder phone calls and schedule follow-up interviews with study subjects using database and calendar.
- Assist with hiring and on-boarding of new employees.
- Copy and maintain all master documents.
- Monitor, stock, and assist with ordering supplies for the office. Provide office machine maintenance and serve as point of contact for service.
- Assist with financials such as reconciling of incentive distribution.
- Assist with data entry into various databases.
- Take meeting and training minutes and take follow-up action as requested/required. Videotape staff trainings for future viewing.
- Monitor required learning activities and certification requirements for staff.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as needed.
HS diploma or equivalent and 2 to 4 years of relevant experience
Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and work successfully within a team and independently.
Excellent computer/technical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Microsoft Word and Excel).
Experience with administrative tasks such as ordering office supplies, mail merge, and data entry.
Must be extremely organized, accurate, and detailed oriented, along with the proven ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously with numerous interruptions.
Positive attitude, good attendance, and exemplary work ethic are essential.
Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
3 - 5 years of administrative support experience is desired
The University of Michigan seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to ground our research in varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
This position is term limited to 1 year.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.