How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by sending a letter of interest and their curriculum vitae to Bo Wen (email@example.com).
The U-M College of Pharmacy has a full-time opening for a research fellow in its Pharmacokinetics Core Facility. The successful candidate will independently perform the following routine studies:
- microsomal stability testing using LC-MS;
- metabolite identification using LC-MS/MS in microsomal incubation and in vivo biological matrix;
- quantitative LC-MS analysis of compounds in biological matrix of preclinical and clinical samples;
- animal dosing (oral and IV) in mice and rats, bleeding, tissue collection;
- preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetic analysis;
- dissolution testing of drug formulations;
- clinical biological sample preparation including plasma and biological fluids; and
- independent preparation of study reports.
- PhD degree (with 0-3 years of experience) in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, or related field.
- LC-MS skill, knowledge, and experience for small molecules.
- Must be a good team player with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point; WinNonlin or other pharmacoketic software.
- Knowledge and experience in metabolite identification and pharmacokinetics.
- Animal handling experience, especially IV dosing, is desirable, but training will be provided.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.