How to Apply
- A cover letter must be included with your application. The cover letter and resume should be uploaded as one document. In the cover letter, INDICATE THE SPECIFIC CLASS(ES) YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, INCLUDING THE SECTION NUMBER.
- If you are asked to interview, be prepared to produce a writing sample of note taking skills.
Disability Services provides support to students with disabilities on campus. Note takers are responsible for taking detailed lecture notes, including any supplemental information provided during the course session. It is preferable to hire Note Takers that are enrolled in the same courses for which they’ll be providing services. When this isn't possible, Disability Services will hire students outside of the class. To be considered for this position, you are required to be a student in good standing here at the University of MI-Flint.
- Attend all class sessions.
- Student must take thorough, detailed handwritten or typed class notes.
- Provide a copy of notes to the Disability Services office immediately following the class session.
- Must be a University of Michigan-Flint student in good academic standing.
- Note Takers must have excellent English writing skills
- Must be dependable
- Must have completed one semester at the University of Michigan-Flint to apply
- Preference is given to students who are already registered for the class(es) for which they will provide notes
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.