How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is accepting applications for the position of Big Ten Campus Internship. The goal of the Big Ten Campus Internship Program is to 1) provide an individual with practical work experience and mentorship; 2) increase the opportunities for underrepresented minorities and women within intercollegiate athletic administration; and 3) positively affect the University of Michigan and its Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. Applicants must have aspirations of a career in intercollegiate athletics. This position is part of the Sport Administration team and offers an opportunity for a well-rounded participative learning experience.
- Assist in all phases of the program in accordance with NCAA, Conference and University rules, regulations and policies.
- Daily operations.
- Scheduling process.
- Operating budget process.
- Student-athlete survey and interview process.
- Special projects and other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work flexible hours with a minimum of 30-40 hours per week September 2018-August 2019.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and complete tasks by established deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team setting and contribute to common goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.