How to Apply
To be considered, a cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be the leading page of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position and
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position is for approximately 15 to 20 hours per week Monday through Friday, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m..
Information and Technology Services (ITS) Computer Showcase Delivery Drivers deliver needed technology directly to U-M departments. A successful candidate will be trustworthy, motivated, self-disciplined, energetic and capable of operating independently. Technical expertise is not required, as long as a candidate demonstrates critical thinking, logical problem solving ability and a willingness to learn. This person will use a University-owned service vehicle to deliver computer products to U-M Departments in the Ann Arbor area.
- Take paid Showcase product orders to departmental customers around campus
- Assist customers with completing a delivery confirmation form
- Answer questions that customers may ask either in-person or over the phone
- Respond to developing situations as directed to by voice mail, email, phone calls or text
- Ensure product security is maintained in accordance with established procedure(s)
- Operate University of Michigan-owned service vehicles in a safe and efficient manner
- Operate for periods of time independent of supervision and immediate assistance from Showcase team members
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Showcase Manager
- This position involves traveling to various locations on and off campus to individually deliver Showcase product orders weighing upwards of 50 pounds
- Ability to communicate clearly via email, letters and in person to teams and customers
- Expressed desire to learn and gain experience in the information technologies field
- Demonstrated ability to carry out tasks and directives, efficiently and accurately, independent of supervision or immediate assistance
- Ability to take the initiative and deal with developing situations as they occur
- Ability to interact with customers and fellow Showcase staff members in a professional and friendly manner
- Available to work Monday through Friday, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m..
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance is required
- Experience as a team member and/or as a team leader
- Experience in the moving and trucking industry
- Familiarity with U-M Campus Buildings and Ann Arbor area traffic
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The University of Michigan Information and Technology Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the University and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
- The University of Michigan maintained its ranking as the top U.S. public university in the QS World University Rankings for 2018-19, and ranked 20th among all institutions on the list, which was released 06/13/2018.
- The University of Michigan maintains No. 15 in Times Higher Education World University Rankings released 05/30/2018.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.