How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Mange front desk including directing patients, staff, faculty, vendors, sales representatives and outside visitors to designated areas.
- Answer main departmental phone line, receiving and triaging telephone calls to appropriate staff as well as distributing calls from voice mail.
- Prepare/provide support for faxes and mailings throughout the day. Distribute and receive mailings.
- Provide assistance to the Education office including handing out parking passes (AVI devices) to residents, look up /edit information in Filemaker Pro, create folders for incoming interns, create survey’s and assist the Education office with routine office tasks.
- Support resident lectures, including paging residents to inform of lectures, assist with set up and clean up after tutorial.
- Provide secretarial support to faculty, including scheduling travel, correspondences, ordering supplies and expense reports.
- Assist office with special projects including: filing, copying and data entry. Create and print posters using Adobe Illustrator.
- Assist with the departmental web page including, obtaining employee authorization forms, updating Provider Directory, update department lists and upload documents using Dreamweaver.
- Provide OR desk back up for the day and evening shift (when necessary).
- Order and receive all supply orders.
- Maintain and reconcile departmental credit card for ordering
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) while operating in a fast paced, pro-active customer service environment. Demonstrate ability to manage time, multi-task and use judgment within scope of responsibilities. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Computer experience with Microsoft Word, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Power Point required. Three years responsible and administrative assistance required.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.