The Division of Pulmonology in the Department of Pediatrics is seeking a Patient Services Associate to communicate effectively and positively with our patients and/or their parents. A positive, can-do attitude is required in this busy clinic office.
- Answer, screen, respond and/or route incoming phone calls from patients, referring physicians, parents and others.
- Coordinate and schedule clinic appointments and subsequent follow up care for patients utilizing MiChart.
- Route and schedule all new patients in coordination with appropriate New Patient Referral guidelines per faculty and clinic. Initiate new orders for Pulmonary Function Testing (full and spirometry).
- Utilize MiChart to accurately and appropriately document patient requests including urgent medical problems, prescriptions and other medical needs, and referrals. Mail appointment confirmation and information packet.
- Efficiently navigate the electronic medical record (MiChart) to obtain information needed. Demonstrates good customer service telephone skills.
- Communicate effectively with patients and pharmacies for emergent care, prescriptions, prior authorizations and all manner of medical needs and document in EMR.
- Manage MiChart in-basket messages
- Process prior authorizations, refill requests, orders and social work documents
- Manage waitlists
- Manage clinic schedules and patient flow
- Run weekly EMR Reports
- Seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate ability to complete multiple tasks independently.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in an ever-changing and potentially stressful environment.
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to accomplish works.
- Adhere to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility, and consistently sharing information and resources with others.
- Assist nursing staff with responding to patient management issues; including returning patient telephone calls, obtaining laboratory and test results, scheduling tests and other similar tasks as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years of experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience with multi-line phone
- Excellent attendance record.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MiChart. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience working in a hospital or clinical setting.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a busy clinical setting, possessing strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills as well as ability to prioritize in order to manage daily responsibilities in a highly specialized department.
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.