As a Medical Assistant at the Howell Health Center you will join a team that offers comprehensive care to infants, children and adolescents. We offer a range of services including well-child visits, immunizations, management of asthma, chronic illnesses and physical examinations. We also offer specialty services in psychology, nutrition, and social work. We are also happy to make same-day appointments for sick children. Come join our team and help us provide exceptional care to these young patients in the Howell area!
- Patient intake (e.g. documenting chief complaint, V/S, height, weight).
- Review and update MiChart as directed.
- Patient follow-up for normal and low complexity test results as directed by provider.
- Assist providers with management of point-of-care alerts for services due.
- Patient instruction for durable medical equipment and test preparation (e.g. MDI/Spacers).
- Provide care for patients scheduled on MA schedule (e.g. suture removals, BP or weight recheck).
- Process prescription renewals as directed by a provider or RN.
- Medication administration per delegation guidelines or order for oral meds and injections (acetaminophen/motrin, immunizations, Depo-Provera, PPD).
- Various tests and procedures (e.g. castings).
- Assist in setting self-management goals and follow-up on established goals.
- Chronic pain management tasks per protocol (e.g. MAPS report, generating drug screening lab requisitions).
- Forms completion.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
0-1 years of experience
1 - 3 years of experience
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Our office is open Monday through Thursday, 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM; Friday, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM; and Saturday, 8:00 AM -12:00 PM. A typical work week includes four, 9 hour shifts and one, 4 hour shift along with a Saturday rotation.
3399 E. Grand River Ave.
Howell, MI 48843
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Management that provides quality training and direction
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.