The Department of Internal Medicine Finance Office seeks a Financial Manager to work with the finance team. This person would report to the Finance Director and assist with Medical School and Hospital reporting and analysis at the departmental and divisional levels.
Position is located at Domino's Farms.
The Financial Manager will have a wide variety of responsibilities including the development and implementation of new financial reports and analysis as assigned by the Director of Finance. The reporting will include both Medical School and Hospital units.
- Maintain the Department's Gift, Endowment and Professorship inventory.
- Develop and maintain the Department's long-range strategic plan, cash forecast and identify critical targets.
- Utilize a strategic approach to managing the Department's long-term space needs.
- Assist the management team in the creation of a capacity analysis for all Divisions within the Department.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on financial issues, thus identifying areas for financial and process improvement.
- Manage the Internal Control compliance function for Internal Medicine.
- Lead the financial reporting and analyses for the Department's Hospital and Ambulatory Care programs.
- Assist in the annual budget process for Hospital, Ambulatory Care and Departmental areas.
- Manage the Department's Professional Revenue reporting throughout the year.
This position will supervise a Financial Analyst and Internal Medicine's Central Purchasing Unit.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar. 5+ years of progressive financial experience. Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, written and verbal skills. Ability to develop strong working relationships with Departmental and Divisional faculty and staff. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Access. Ability to use query tools to obtain data from the Health System Data Warehouse (HSDW). Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications -
MBA and/or CPA. Experience with Internal Control compliance. Experience with University of Michigan applications such as Business Objects and MPathways tables, such as Revenue & Expense, Procurement and Payroll. Prior budget, forecast and strategic planning experience. Strong working relationships with those outside of the Department such as Health System Finance, Development, Financial Operations and Procurement. Prior healthcare experience. Advanced knowledge of University of Michigan database query tools and report writing software.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.