The Department of Pathology, Division of Pathology Informatics, is seeking a team member to fill an IT business analyst role in support of the Michigan Medicine and MLabs expansion initiatives. Under general supervision, the position will be responsible for, but not limited to, several areas of the outreach expansion initiatives including 1) new project implementation for MLabs outreach and Michigan Medicine, 2) new interface and client outreach maintenance activities, 3) existing client and interface maintenance, and 4) existing and new client hardware support, as necessary.
- Serve as the primary resource to design, build, and implement new electronic client interfaces, including both application, interface, and hardware support
- Prepare and enact testing and validation plans for new interfaces and clients
- Perform regression testing of existing interfaces/application builds during routine maintenance upgrades and interface projects
- Provide immediate and near-term post go-live support/troubleshooting for major interface projects
- Document client interface procedures and protocols
- Create standard operating procedures, job-aids, and other documentation for client, application, and hardware support
- Design and implement additional phases of large client interfaces
- Provide basic maintenance and support for all MLabs IT needs (cross-coverage)
- Assist with project management activities and work to meet all project milestones and timelines
- Provide maintenance support of LIS functions, builds, and activities as related to laboratory outreach
- Assist in clinical system operational support, as needed
- Assist in client and operational reporting needs, as needed
- Provide off hour support, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, laboratory science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in a large health care environment.
This position requires a candidate who has a knowledge of clinical laboratory science, including familiarity with laboratory testing methods, test dictionaries, and laboratory workflow. The chosen candidate should have high performance standards and attention to detail, the ability to adapt to changing priorities and organize and deliver information to a variety of recipients with effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple teams.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting SCC Soft Computer System, EPIC EMR systems, and Atlas Laboratory Web Portal, or products of similar functionality.
- Clinical laboratory workflow experience.
- Medical Technologist certification or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a reference laboratory information technology environment.
- Experience in supporting large clinical laboratory information systems.
- Familiarity with Structured Query Language and report writing skills.
- Experience supporting interfaces at a healthcare facility is highly desirable with an understanding of HL7 messaging protocol.
- Experience working with group projects.
The chosen candidate will have the following skills:
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory science, including familiarity with laboratory testing methods, test dictionaries, and laboratory workflow
- High performance standards and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to organize and deliver information to a variety of recipients
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.