The U-M School of Nursing is looking for a temporary research assistant to work 20 hours per week assisting a faculty with her research. The research assistant will implement exercise interventions for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), deliver exercise and health education to small groups of research subjects with COPD, participate in coaching phone calls, measure performance outcomes and administer questionnaires. Participation in the recruitment, screening, scheduling and follow-up of research subjects. Managing, tracking and recording data from physical activity monitors, physical performance tests and survey questionnaires. Assisting with regulatory procedures such as protocol review and institutional review board submissions.
- A bachelor's degree in a kinesiology or related field is required; a master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Over one (1) year of relevant work experience in research and with study participants is preferred.
- Candidate must have superior oral and written communication skills, with the ability to receive and convey information clearly and concisely for various mediums, attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Endnote.
- SPSS knowledge/experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision with diverse teams of people in a diplomatic, collaborative and effective manner.
- Demonstrated time management and relationship building skills.
- Ability to serve diverse populations.
- A high degree of initiative and resourcefulness.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.