How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provide customer service to patients and referring providers through the facilitation of various call center functions including phone triage, maintenance of clinic schedules and appointments and health record management. Respond to a high volume of telephone inquiries following UMHS and departmental procedures.
- Schedule new and return patient clinic visit, and procedures for patients
- Follow triage protocol when handling phones calls
- Utilize written communication skills accurately/appropriately when composing telephone encounters in MiChart e.g. composition, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.
- Mail out patient itineraries, letters, maps, and education materials as appropriate
- Determine the existence of previous registration and obtain, verify and update insurance, financial and demographic information with the patient at every phone encounter
- Inform patients of necessary preparations/ tests prior to visit in accordance with established guidelines.
- Utilize/master functions of Aspect telephone system
- Strive to meet UMHS call center targets
- Communicate effectively in ways that enhance productivity and build respectful relationships
- Actively participate in the Allergy Joy and Fulfillment initiative; respond positively to change, showing a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work
- Monitor Fax-Server
- Monitor and manage Referral Work Queue
- Image documents to the Electronic Medical Record
- Request and obtain accurate and timely health records from outside providers to support continuity of care
- Other duties as assigned
Required qualifications for Call Center Rep Associate:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years experience.
- Excellent attendance record and punctuality.
- Must adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Must be an active team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must possess strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Must demonstrate dependability, initiative, ability to prioritize, and ability to accept direction.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Qualifications for Call Center Rep Intermediate:
Requires a High School education or equivalent and 2-4 years experience
Desired Qualifications for Call Center Rep Associate:
- Experience working in a complex health care setting, scheduling patient appointments.
- Basic medical terminology.
- Familiarity with MiChart.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
Desired Qualifications for Call Center Rep Intermediate:
- Associates Degree in business, health or a related field and/or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting, scheduling patient appointments.
- Basic medical terminology.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.