How to Apply
Please email your letter of interest and CV to:
UMHS Office of the President
Britney Rashleigh, MPP MA
1301 Catherine St.
4119 Medical Science Bldg. I
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
The Medical Director for Strategic Planning and Business Development will be the physician lead for affiliations on behalf of the UMHS and the UMMG. The Medical Director will be the physician partner for the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and represent the UMMG and UMHS interests in developing and executing clinical affiliations with other organizations. The Medical Director, with the CSO, will be responsible for overseeing the execution of the clinical affiliation strategies and execution of goals, in collaboration with the UMMG. This is a 30% effort position, with an anticipated formal start date in fall 2018.
- Assist and participate in negotiation with potential affiliates and represent UMMG interests and commitments
- Assist and participate in strategy development with the CSO
- Translate strategy into actionable tactics
- Ensure UMMG tactics are aligned with UMHS and overall strategic plan and direction, and make appropriate adjustments as necessary
- Communicate with key internal stakeholders
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of clinical programs with UMHS affiliates
- Participate with relevant UMHS leadership committees, including the UMHS Board, UMHS Executive Committee and the UMMG Board
- Eligible for a faculty appointment within University of Michigan Medical School.
- MD or DO degree with 5+ years' experience practicing medicine.
- Proven track record of partnering with medical staff and leadership to achieve desired facility specific and organizational outcomes.
- The ability to analyze complex problems and financial implications of healthcare markets, develop recommendations and solutions and cogently communicate them to multiple stakeholders.
- Proven track record collaborating with and leading physician groups, including group facilitation, leadership development, team-building, performance management, and driving cultural change.
- Knowledge and experience in physician organizations including familiarity with quality improvement, population management and population health.
- Experience with clinical outreach and clinical practice integration with affiliated health systems.
- Demonstrated integrity and respect for others and values teamwork and collaboration in interpersonal interactions.
- Possesses interpersonal/listening skills to interact effectively with individuals of all backgrounds, experience and educational levels.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills of delegation, organization, and coordination of the intra-department activities and inter-department integration.
- Displays insight and knowledge regarding challenges and pressures facing providers.
- Possesses knowledge of management principles, practices and methods.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- One FTE (full-time) project management support
- Budget support from UMMG and UMHS/EVPMA, including direct management of financial incentives to support clinical program development and other activities across affiliations
- Annual administrative differential in addition to 30% salary support
- Administrative support as warranted
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.