Responsible for scheduling patient appointments using MiChart. Working with various groups on template edit changes for provider's schedules. Reschedule patients per provider’s request due to clinic closings/openings. Create messages for appropriate nurse teams for patient outside of the clinic visit; prescription refills, test results, prior authorization.
- Schedule new and return patient visits determining appropriate clinic provider based on specified standards utilizing the Cadence/MiChart scheduling system.
- Complete work directives sent to the Call Center in basket.
- Follow red call protocol when handling emergent phone calls.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to accurately handle multiple tasks while performing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to respond professionally with a high degree of empathy and multiple problem-solving strategies if customers are unhappy.
- Ability to identify high priority concerns and prioritize accordingly to provide a timely resolution.
- Strong attention to detail and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Research scheduling and insurance guidelines using available resources.
- Manage and resolve customer complaints/concerns.
- Respond positively to change, showing a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Adopt practices to improve work processes, enhance customer satisfaction and ensure excellence in daily work.
- Reliable and timely attendance.
Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others. Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality. Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively. Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues). Overtime may be required, with appropriate notice. Strong attention to detail. Works well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pass a customer service quiz and typing skill assessment
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) credential
- Ability to spell correctly and use proper grammar
- Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment
Intermediate: 2-3 years of experience, including reasonable customer service experience.
Associate: 0-2 years of experience, including some customer service experience preferred.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.