The University of Michigan-Deaborn (UM-Dearborn) is one of the three campuses of the University of Michigan system. UM-Dearborn is a comprehensive university offering high quality undergraduate, graduate, professional, and continuing education to residents of southeastern Michigan, and currently enrolls just over 9,000 students. Faculty and students have the opportunity to collaborate across all three campuses in research and scholarly activity. UM-Dearborn is located 10 miles west of downtown Detroit and 35 miles east of Ann Arbor. The campus is strategically located on 200 suburban acres of the original Henry Ford Estate in the Greater Detroit Metropolitan Region.
The Office of the Provost seeks an Academic Projects Associate who will support work on a multitude of committees, projects, reports and studies as the need arises. Examples include implementation of new student success campaigns, implementation of new software platforms, generating area annual reports, curriculum and academic policy initiatives, etc. This position reports to the Academic Success Coordinator and supports the work of the two associate provosts with their committees and projects.
- Support University Curriculum and Degree Committee; Graduate Curriculum Subcommittee; and Dearborn Discovery Core Subcommittee by funneling college curricular changes into the UCDC/Graduate Subcommittee agendas, taking meeting minutes and publishing them on the website, coordinating revisions between the units and the Registrar's Office.
- Assist in managing assessment, program review, and course syllabi processes.
- Provide support for academic affairs projects.
- Assist with managing and communicating with faculty and staff.
- Provost Office website ambassador: Oversee the structure and content as well as website optimization efforts.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools and facility with digital technology.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Ability to display excellent judgment while operating in a flexible and professional manner; ability to respond positively to changing priorities and receive direction from multiple people.
- Proven ability to pay attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with faculty and staff under a variety of circumstances.
- A high degree of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
Office environment with typical working hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.