To assist surgical team during operative procedures by preparing sterile equipment for the operation and passing instruments, sponges and sutures to the operating team. Assist with: inventory, sterilization of instruments, prepare and select equipment for procedures, stocking rooms, transfer of patients as needed, turnover and transfer of instruments to CSR/Decontamination, equipment organization and operation, and other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma. Completion of a recognized certified Surgical Technologist program.
- Intermediate Level Required Experience: Two years experience as a Surgical Technologist. Must be able to scrub all services, with focus on Ophthalmology and/or Urology.
- Senior Level Required Experience: minimum of 3 years of U of M experience or 4 years of external experience is required to be eligible for a senior level position
- Must adapt well to different work settings and team dynamics and be eager to learn varied skills and duties of an Outpatient Surgical Technologist.
- Timely and efficient use of time for pulling and turnover.
- Must have good attendance.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Demonstrated knowledge of instrumentation and care of instruments
- Endoscopy experience. Certification ( CORT). Central Supply/SPD experience.
- Experience with Lasers, C arms, and Ultrasounds.
- Knowledge and experience with Outpatient procedures.
Position is located at the Livonia Surgery Center in Livonia, Michigan.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.