- Clinical Forms completion.
- Assists with clinical procedures.and Respiratory fit testing
- May perform complex diagnostic tests and complex specimen collections.
- Provides routine instructions for patient procedures and treatments, as delegated by providers and nurses.
- Use different software programs to input patient information
- Patient intake (e.g. documenting chief complaint, V/S, height, weight).
- Review and update MiChart patient records as directed.
- Patient follow-up for normal and low complexity test results as directed by provider.
- Assist providers with management of point-of-care alerts for services due.
- Patient instruction for durable medical equipment
- Provide care for patients scheduled per MA schedule.
- Process prescription renewals as directed by a provider or RN.
- Medication administration per delegation guidelines or order for oral meds and injections.
(acetaminophen/Motrin, immunizations, PPD).
- Assist in setting self-management goals and follow-up on established goals.
- Chronic pain management tasks per protocol (e.g. MAPS report, generating drug screening lab requisitions).
- Vaccine inventory management.
- Order clinical supplies and medications.
- Travel might be needed for fit testing
- Training on the job for any OHS clinical and clerical needs might be required
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 3-4 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Excellent customer service skills with staff, and employees
- Communicates effectively.
Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
- Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Monday – Friday 7:30 -4:30
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.