The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for standard work as well as a variety of projects that will provide support to the administrative and operations functions of the Nursing Administration Department.
The candidate will represent the department in a professional manner, interacting on a daily basis with Michigan Medicine Health System leadership, departmental customers, and administrative professional peers. The candidate must be able to maintain confidentiality of the department as required in supporting executive-level performance. This position involves a high degree of flexibility, requiring the ability to work proactively, both independently and as part of a team with imitative and creativity. This position requires the confidence and competence to make independent decisions on matters of significance free from immediate direction.
- Manage correspondence and communication (verbal, written, and e-mail) using independent judgment, and requiring a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism
- Provide high-level, pro-active support for executive and other key meetings, including scheduling, meeting material and agenda content tracking and preparation, attending meetings and taking minutes and/or notes, tracking action items and decisions made, and generating all necessary follow-up correspondence to ensure work is completed as appropriate to support related meeting business, projects and/or phases of associated projects, and to prep for subsequent meetings.
- Provide complex calendar management, exercising discretion and judgment to analyze and appropriately prioritize complicated and challenging calendars
- Project management including assisting with leading, designing, editing, and reviewing presentation materials for content, grammatical, and/or presentation style correction, ensuring that deadlines are met and all materials required are correct and assembled. Provide and coordinate information and materials for upcoming presentations and/or analysis.
- Human resources: Process position requests.
- Systems transactions and support - Accesses, understands, and appropriately utilizes UM proprietary database/software systems (M-Pathways, Finance BI (Oracle), Concur, PDS3, MReports, One-Staff, eRecruit, MLearning etc.).
- Facilitate system access / submit requests for leadership as appropriate. Process/reconcile transactions related to purchase orders, journal entries, tuition support, reward & recognition (gift) funds, travel funds, small equipment purchases. Reconcile expense reports, statement of activity.
- Annual internal controls gap analysis. Variance reports. Supplies ordering.
- Other responsibilities and/or projects as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of executive-level administrative office experience supporting executive leaders and initiatives including those with large scope, timelines, and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, showing sound judgment based upon experience, as well as the capability to work as part of a diverse team in a professional and collaborative manner
- Ability to analyze, compare, and evaluate various courses of action, and make independent decisions on matters of significance free from immediate direction.
- Experience with project coordination and support
- Must be able to analyze, manage and appropriately prioritize scheduling for extremely busy high-level calendars
- Ability to assess competing priorities, manage workflow, and meet operational deadlines.
- The skill to handle confidential materials and situations with professionalism, sensitivity and discretion is required.
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of interpersonal skills
- Exemplary attention to detail with strong proof reading and grammar skills
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) skills
- Familiarity with a broad range of UM proprietary applications such as Concur, Finance BI, M-Pathways
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and work well under pressure
- Note: The scheduled work hours for this position are M-F, 8-5 p.m. with occasional evening meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated knowledge with Michigan Medicine
- Experience with LEAN processes and procedures
- Experience with data collection, evaluation or quality improvement initiatives
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Stategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education, and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.