The Michigan Radiation Oncology Quality Consortium (MROQC) is a clinical data registry founded under the partnership of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan/Blue Care Network and the University of Michigan in 2011. Since that time, MROQC has grown to a collaborative of 26 sites across the state of Michigan dedicated to improving the radiation treatment experience for patients. The MROQC Coordinating Center is part of the University of Michigan, funded by the BCBSM Value Partnerships initiative, and housed at the U of M Ann Arbor, North Campus Research Complex (NCRC).
The Data Workflow Coordinator will be responsible for providing end-to-end coordination of the development of MROQC´s data collection and management tools in support of clinical quality improvement. The Data Workflow Coordinator will lead the planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of MROQC's data and reporting manuals and data collection systems.
- Work with stakeholders, team members, and end users to identify and understand MROQC’s end-to-end clinical data collections needs, challenges and opportunities.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to define and document MROQC's data collection business needs and technical requirements.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of MROQC member hospitals' clinical data collection and reporting processes.
- Translate stakeholder needs and requirements into detailed technical specification documents to develop and maintain processes and tools for both manual and automated data collections.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors in the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of technical data collection specifications.
- Participate in project planning and scope creation, project communications and status reporting.
- Become MROQC's data collection subject-matter expert and point of contact for troubleshooting and technical support.
- Bachelor's degree required
- SQL and/or high-level programming language such as Python
- Statistical packages such as SAS, Stata or R
- Minimum 3 years' experience in business analysis, data management, or related role
- Proven ability to understand and document business workflows and processes, and create sustainable systems and solutions to support these processes
- Strong relationship-building skills, including a demonstrated ability to facilitate proactive collaboration with colleagues and partners
- Strong technical skills with demonstrated ability to learn new tools. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including high-level Excel skills
- Experience with project management tools, and web-based collaboration tools
- Healthcare quality improvement
- Electronic health records
- Agile software development environment
- Relational databases and data architecture
- Healthcare data integration technologies such as HL7
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.