The Social Sciences Department (SSCI) in the College of Arts, Sciences, and Letters (CASL) will hire up to 8 part-time student research assistants (Research Assistant I - 028100 (P/A - Grade 03)) to help SSCI faculty complete various research projects. SSCI faculty conduct research in a variety of areas, including history, economics, political science, geography, public policy, public administration, urban and regional studies, and various intersections of these subject areas.
The students hired will perform a variety of routine research tasks, such as library research; literature reviews; web searches; transcription; data collection, compilation, coding, tabulation, and document analysis. They may also participate in group observation, administer questionnaires, conduct interviews, or conduct other activities necessary for collecting primary data.
- Student in good standing at the University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Cumulative grade point average of B or better
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Eligibility for employment with the University
- Experience conducting research
- Experience working with faculty on research projects
- Experience working with Excel, SPSS, or other software related to quantitative analysis
- Experience with GIS software
- Junior or Senior standing
- Successful completion of a research methods course with a grade of B or higher
- Extreme attention to detail
- Availability to work 15-20 hours/week
Pay Rate: $10 - $15 per hour, depending on qualifications
Application Materials Required:
- Job application
- Authorization to access and share transcripts with hiring committee (all are faculty members at UM-Dearborn)
- Writing sample
- Cover letter
Deadlines: Review of applications will be on-going. To ensure consideration for the positions, we recommend submitting the required materials by October 31st. The posting will remain open until positions are filled.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.