How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
• Develop and maintain daily schedules for providers with patients.
• Protect and safeguard patient information and confidentiality per HIPAA standards.
• Obtain, verify, and update insurance, financial, statistical, and demographic information with the patient.
• Maintain and update appointment schedules based on change in availability of dental and other professional staff.
• Manage the patient referral system with internal and external referrals.
• Display excellent customer service, phone etiquette, and attitude to patients, students, faculty, and staff.
• Possess reasonable knowledge of dental billing and insurance policies and procedures to assist patients with scheduling and questions.
• Explain information clearly to patients, dentists, students, and staff.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
• Actively work with team members, staff, student providers, and faculty on training issues and appropriate procedures.
• Work as a team player, either helping or receiving help from other coworkers with the objective to expedite patient care.
• Possess basic computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
• Have ability to work effectively with management, administration, faculty, peers, co-workers,
• students, and patients.
• Exhibit a professional and positive image during all interactions.
• Possess outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Have ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines and work
• effectively with frequent interruptions in a very busy environment.
• Help maintain open communication.
• Report any issues to the Clinic Manager or Director so they may be addressed promptly.
Demonstrated excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette are required. Excellent communication skills. Ability to work independently while protecting patient rights to confidentiality. Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work effectively with frequent interruptions in a very busy environment. Previous experience with automated dental or medical billing systems. Excellent punctuality and attendance.
2 or more years experience in a dental or medical office
This position is for the School of Dentistry located at 1011 N. University Ave.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position for 20 hours per week (part-time).
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, and Inclusion.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by: -Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences. -Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.