To perform basic tests and procedures under the close supervision of medical and allied health staff.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
- Provide execptional patient service
- Stock and maintain exam and treatment rooms
- Perform ancillary testing
- Instrument pre-cleaning and stocking
- Calibrate, clean and maintain equipment
- Clerical duties
- Triage patient calls
- Obtain patient history
- Instill dilation drops when appropriate
- Schedule appointments
- Input of patient information
- Scribe for physician
- Communicate delays to patients
- Perform visual fields and other minor patient testing
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience.
- Respectful and compassionate attitude
- Collaborative and collegial, demonstrates integrity
- Keyboarding skills
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Formal MA program
- Associates Degree in Health area
- Experience in field of ophthalmology.
- Experience with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Certification as a medical assistant
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
- Monday- Friday
- Dependent on Clinical hours, may require 11:00 am to 7:00 pm some days of the week.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.