The Monitoring and Evaluation Director for the Center for International Reproductive Health Training (CIRHT) will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against outputs, outcomes and impacts. S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement. S/he will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned. S/he will support all the technical staff in Monitoring & Evaluation functions and will manage any Monitoring & Evaluation related staff in the program. The Monitoring and Evaluation Director will report directly to the Managing Director of CIRHT and will work closely with CIRHT staff both in-country and in the USA office, as well as with partner in-country staff to ensure all Monitoring & Evaluation program goals are achieved.
Typical duties include:
- Establishing program/key performance indicators that are specific, measurable and relevant by which each CIRHT partnership project will be evaluated.
- Ensure that each project proceeds within the standards and policies established in the work plan and partnership agreement. Conduct regular inspections and report to the Managing Director and leadership at the partnership institution deviations from the work plan that has been established or barriers that may hinder the progress of the project. Recommend corrective action steps to overcome such barriers to CIRHT and partner institution executive leadership.
- Organize and coordinate training for project site coordinators to update or improve their technical abilities and professional knowledge in the area of Monitoring & Evaluation. (gathering data for Monitoring & Evaluation reporting for example)
- Provide oversight and guidance to project site coordinators to ensure efficient monitoring and evaluation of project work.
- Prepare clear, concise reports with graphics and extraordinary attention to detail.
- Provide supervision over in-country staff who gather and input project key performance data
- Maintain quality of Monitoring & Evaluation key performance indicator databases
- Assist with writing periodic reports to CIRHT grant funding agencies
- Travel frequently to sites in partner countries to ensure adherence appropriate Monitoring & Evaluation activities are occurring.
- Act as the program's liaison with potential future partner organizations to evaluate new partnership potential.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.