How to Apply
Applications will be accepted only through the University of Michigan jobs website. Visit www.umjobs.org and search for job ID 163557. A cover letter and resume are required for consideration for this position. The cover letter should specifically address your interest in this position and outline particular skills and experience directly related to this position.
About the University Musical Society
The University Musical Society, or UMS, is an independent multidisciplinary performing arts presenter with a long and deep affiliation with the University of Michigan (U-M), and is located in the center of the Ann Arbor campus. A National Medal of Arts recipient in 2014, and the nation’s first performing arts series at a major university, UMS offers 70-80 mainstage performances each season in 7-10 U-M and Southeast Michigan venues. Since its founding in 1879, UMS has presented top-ranking international artists including orchestras, chamber music, solo recitals, jazz, global music, ballet, modern and culturally specific dance, opera, theater, choral groups, and special attractions. UMS also develops and executes an extensive education program involving up to 150 events each season; commissions and presents new work; and hosts many artist residencies. The mission of UMS is to inspire individuals and enrich communities by connecting audiences and artists in uncommon and engaging experiences. For more on UMS, visit www.ums.org.
The Tessitura Systems Administrator is the primary person responsible for facilitating the development, implementation and support of the Tessitura CRM/Ticketing System across all UMS functions and providing back-up assistance to the UMS Information Technology Systems Administrator. Other duties include timely reporting and financial reconciliation of gifts to UMS as well as the setup and processing of UMS Special Events. This position reports to and works directly with the Chief Financial Officer.
Tessitura Application Management – 55%
UMS is currently using Tessitura v.12.5.1 and TNEW v. 6.5, with plans to upgrade to Tessitura
v. 15 and TNEW v. 7.0 in the next six months.
- Provide general database and application oversight and maintenance for the Tessitura CRM software; lead the setup of software/hardware maintenance, inclusive of financial structure setup, education and development processes and on-line sales
- Manage upgrades, data conversion and secure access to the system; monitor new system functionality for application to UMS
- Train new users on effective use of the system as well as continued training for staff on new functionality
- Troubleshoot problems that arise internally or externally
- Reporting: assist staff across the organization in developing reports that meet business and operational requirements
- Data management: Develop, oversee, and execute data structure and standards, including regular cleanup of duplicate records, standardizing records, data appends, contact import, and integration with U-M donor and alumni database
- Create and maintain print at home ticket designs, provide setup for print at home tickets, general maintenance and troubleshooting
- NScan general support - training, troubleshooting, configuration
- Create, manage and maintain UMS-specific Tessitura online documentation, including policies on data cleanliness and merging procedures
- Provide support to the marketing staff on email marketing, assist in list management, functionality, Tessitura integration, and custom workflows
- Work with development staff to maximize use of the Tessitura CRM, assist in list management and campaign set-up, integration with University systems
- Maintain updated test system to provide environment for training and programming implementation purposes
- Stay active within the Tessitura community to stay current on new features and opportunities, trends, and share knowledge
Gift Processing and Reconciliation – 20%
- Process donations made to UMS by individuals, corporations, matching gifts, grants, and foundations in the Tessitura system, including processing credit cards and reconciling all payment types and batches; create gift processing forms to send with donations to U-M Office of University Development for deposit
- Reconcile gifts and pledges on a monthly basis with information in Tessitura and University system, making sure that all gifts and pledges appear on the UM-OUD system (DART); fix any discrepancies that exist
- Create and update extensive Development Income reporting that indicates, daily, monthly and yearly income; compare previous year income to current fiscal income
- Process registrations for UMS patrons in Tessitura for various UMS special events; create reports for the Development Office to verify registered guests for these events
- Act as liaison to the UM-OUD Data Management team to conduct data matching on Tessitura records vs DART records and add useful UMS information to DART
Reporting – 15%
- Meet with department end users to determine their reporting needs
- Produce specialized data output requests using SQL queries/procedures and customized SSRS reports where necessary
- Provide training and guidance on how to use other software using Tessitura (e.g., T-Stats, Segmentation Engine, Revenue Management Application) to report on data in ways that meets the end user’s needs
General IT Systems and Office Support – 10%
- Work with the Information Technology Systems Administrator to provide back-up support for UMS computer hardware, software and network; provide on-call help as needed for website, ticketing and other IT functions
- Comply in all efforts with up-to-date PCI Compliance (credit card security); complete PCI certification process and update UMS policies on an annual basis
- Backup for Board software system and provide support to staff, advise on setup, assist in setting up new users, troubleshoot issues as necessary
- Process box office end of day reports and handle cash and check deposits
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years related database design and implementation experience
- Microsoft SQL server admin experience
- Microsoft SSRS Reporting experience
- Strong technical and communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to facilitate proactive collaboration with colleagues and partners
- Tessitura CRM software experience
- Previous experience working at a non-profit arts organization
UMS values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.