How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ODEI is seeking a data manager for a 3-year term limited position. Continuation of the position will be assessed near the end of the 3-year term based on need and funding.
To be considered, a cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be the leading page of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position and
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ODEI) at the University of Michigan leads and supports university-wide initiatives focused on the recruitment of a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, while fostering an inclusive and equitable University community. Our office also engages surrounding communities in mission-focused, mutually beneficial partnerships.
In support of this overarching effort, three units within our office - the Center for Educational Outreach (CEO), Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives (OAMI), and Wolverine Pathways - all work closely with ODEI to further the strategic vision of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the University of Michigan.
ODEI utilizes several databases, primarily SalesForce, to complete aspects of DEI related work. SalesForce is used to administer reporting for the DEI Strategic Plan, to track coaching sessions and participation in OAMI, and to track several activities and data sets for Wolverine Pathways. CEO, along with UM’s Risk Management area has used SalesForce to track the Children on Campus data across the University. Additionally, CEO has plans to integrate SalesForce with their YouthHub / InfoReady data. This position will work directly with these databases, or will assist or guide those that work with them in their units. S/he will troubleshoot and work with end-users to ensure that applications meet their needs and keep pace with changes in program operations, policies and/or procedures.
Manager of the UM SalesForce faculty/staff org
- Chair the committee that manages the governance of the org
- Communicate best practices to users
- Manage security
- Maintain and provision licenses
- Perform periodic backups, mass data loads and mass record updates
- Resolve duplicate data and other data cleaning issues
- Develop, maintain and publish documentation, including user guides, application-specific web documentation, and documentation for internal programs, processes, and procedures
- Develop and deliver training to users, and informational presentations to leadership
Manage ODEI’s relationship with SalesForce consulting firm. This includes ensuring that all needs are identified across the organization, working with the consultants to closely estimate the work needed to meet the needs and the related time and cost, working with them to stay on task and budget, stepping in when needed to resolve issues, and managing contracts and invoices.
Data architect for ODEI’s SalesForce applications. As time allows, this position will also develop solutions in SalesForce and middleware tools. Develop and create reports and dashboards.
Collaborate in evaluating the organization, delivery, and maintenance of SalesForce and other software, as well as finding or building improved systems or processes.
Coach and guide data users and analysts in the ODEI units. Solve ad-hoc problems as they arise.
Represent ODEI’s interests related to SalesForce and other databases in meetings across UM. As time allows, represent ODEI in other IT related meetings, including the IT Steering Committee and IT Security Committee.
- College degree or equivalent work/technical experience
- At least 5 years of application development experience, with some of those years as a Salesforce Developer
- Experience and comfort working independently as well as on small teams and across multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple language.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite: Demonstrate a deep knowledge of all Saleforce.com product offerings and solutions.
- Knowledge of Salesforce HEDA (Higher Education Data Architecture)
- Strong experience with FormAssembly, FluidReview or InfoReady
- Salesforce Certified Developer or Salesforce Certified Architect
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.