How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Health Behavior and Health Education within the School of Public Health is seeking a skilled and highly motivated individual to serve as a Data Collection Coordinator on research tasks related to recruitment, obtaining informed consent, data collection and evaluation. The preferred applicant will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively. This a term-limited, grant-supported position lasting 4 years (11/1 2018 - 10/31/2022).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Phone/in-person recruitment and screening
- Administering consent to participants
- Scheduling interviews
- Collecting participant data
- Data entry
- Regular contact with study participants throughout the course of the study
- Other study-related tasks as needed
- A bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, psychology, sociology, public administration or a similar field.
- Ability to travel between research locations within Ann Arbor
- Strong attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage projects independently and support team efforts
- Possess a high level of professionalism and strong work ethic
- Prior research and interviewing experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Qualtrics, Microsoft Access, and NVivo is preferred
30 hours per week (75% FTE), Monday – Friday days, some evening hours may be needed.
- School of Public Health Building 1, 1415 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI
- Domino’s Farm Office Park, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic staff member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.