Looking for an experienced administrative support person who has excellent computer skills and knowledge who will be responsible for demonstrating initiative in providing specialized support for the Co-Directors in the MBNI.
- Manage complex calendars and schedule meetings
- Prepare coffee, water, etc. for MBNI lectures, meetings, etc.
- Compose, edit and process correspondence
- Coordinate and schedule complex meeting schedules for Co-Directors, at other universities and sites across the U.S.
- Provide high-level, pro-active support for co-directors for key meetings, including scheduling, meeting material and agenda content tracking and preparation, attending meetings and taking minutes and/or notes, tracking action items and decisions made, and generating all necessary follow-up correspondence to ensure work is completed as appropriate to support related meeting business, projects and/or phases of associated projects, and to prep for subsequent meetings.
- Complex tracking and monitoring to assure documents exist as required for each phase of multiple, ongoing, projects and initiate corrective measures as needed including contacting other institutions or businesses.
- Make travel arrangements, submit travel expenses and reconcile p-card expenses in Concur ensuring compliance with UM policies.
- Coordinate onsite-offsite events, including:
- a) Procure event space
- b) Organize catering
- c) Execute contracts with the UM Procurement services
Highly motivated, organized, autonomous person with excellent project time management abilities.
Candidate must be self-motivated and demonstrate excellent judgement in problem solving when developing daily work priorities.
Demonstrated excellence in verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.