To develop, implement, and coordinate training and competency assessment programs for Specimen Processing staff.
- Customer Service: Provide total customer focus to meet the needs of every customer, internal and external, including medical staff, laboratory staff, patients, and families.
- Personnel: Perform assigned personnel duties for new employees during their day shift training period.
- Training: Provide training materials, maintain files, train new employees, monitor training done by preceptors, provide annual competency assessments for all employees.
- Quality Assurance: Review Health Center QC and other quality assurance activities to monitor performance of trainees and other employees. Help develop and implement QA activities.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with new employees. Give feedback to supervisor and associate supervisors regarding employee performance. Keep supervisor group informed of training activities. Participate in meetings with supervisor and associate supervisors.
- Planning: Plan for continuous improvement in the training program. Participate in planning and implementing new work processes.
- Professional Development: Attend HRD courses, in-services, and/or meetings that contribute to professional growth.
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience required.
- Experience as a laboratory or health care technician is desirable.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.