How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improves business and society.
Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening and Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting general management, leadership development, and strategic human resource management.
About Ross IT
The Ross IT Department provides the Michigan Ross community with a comprehensive suite of technologies, web-based business solutions, and support to help our shared instructional, research, administrative and service missions.
The Business Systems Analyst provides critical services to Ross IT and its clients, leading activities to understand and document our customer’s processes and software requirements, as well as maintain and improve the quality of data used by multiple software systems across Ross. The position requires understanding and applying business analysis best practices, and attention to detail to ensure data systems efficiency and productivity. This Business Analysis portion of this position will work with multiple units and software systems used across Ross; data analysis is primarily with data produced and used by the Ross School’s Salesforce instance, but will also work with data produced and used by other Ross systems. The position will report to the Director of Application Services and is a part of the Ross Information Technology department.
Contributes to our positive and inclusive work community by building trusting partnerships across the school, continually learning, creating impactful experiences, and working with a sense of ownership for outcomes. Approaches this work with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treating others with respect, dignity, and in a manner where individuals feel they belong; listens, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives of others.
- Under direct supervision, assist with mapping business processes (including evaluating the data collected through business process analysis, interviews/observations, and surveys), setting project and feature backlog priorities, and defining initial project scope
- Assist in developing detailed project plans, milestones, business & functional requirements, including use cases and user stories
- Work with the Ross IT Senior Business Analyst, Development Team, and other IT staff to translate business requirements into functional software requirements
- Maintain communication between unit staff and IT staff regarding project progress and requirements changes
Data Integrity / Management
- Under direct supervision, work with units to research, define, modify, and document a system of policies, templates and practices to manually load externally generated data into Salesforce and other Ross systems. Reach out to users to recommend best practices or correct issues with data entry.
- Run regular (weekly) Salesforce Demand Tools scenarios (and over time improve such scenarios) to merge duplicate contacts / accounts / opportunities.
- Run standard reports to find any Salesforce contacts without opportunities or other data architecture anomalies.
- Manage batch loading / error monitoring for Informatica, Eventbrite and other automated batch integrations between Salesforce, GradLeaders, Flatbridge, and other Ross systems on a daily basis.
- Assist with an annual review / cleanup of fields / objects within Salesforce.
Training and Skill Development
- Develop and maintain expertise in data import and data quality tools, such as the Salesforce Data Import Wizard, Dataloader.io, and Informatica.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Ross data systems and data architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent combination of education / experience
- Training and / or experience in requirements gathering and process analysis
- Strong analytical skills including compiling and analyzing data
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet multiple deadlines, and work collegially and collaboratively in a team environment with people of varied backgrounds in different roles
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to contribute to a positive work community by approaching work with diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treats others with respect, dignity, and in a manner where individuals feel they belong; listens, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives of other
- One to three years of experience with data integrity practices and reporting
- Experience creating, modifying, and running queries in various systems
- Experience with admissions processes, or University systems within higher education such as MPathways, MReports, and Business Objects
- Background in sensitive data reporting, regarding FERPA and student records
- Salesforce experience and/or certification
Skills testing may be required
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Requires the ability to travel to various locations to conduct work and deliver materials
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.