How to Apply
Candidates should send a letter of interest and their CV to:
Dr. Margaret Gyetko, Sr. Associate Dean for Faculty and Faculty Development
Med School Admin/Faculty Affairs
5111 Medical Science Building I
Ann Arbor MI 48109
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Assistant Dean for Research Faculty, Faculty Affairs provides leadership to, and assists with the oversight of research track faculty appointments and promotions. The individual will hold a 25% academic administrative position and report to the Senior Associate Dean for Faculty and Faculty Development.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct third year reviews for research track faculty.
- Conduct exit interviews for research track faculty.
- Faculty career development counseling.
- Assist department chairs and administrators with difficult faculty issues, recruitment strategies, discipline and dismissal strategies, faculty track selection and disability complaints.
- Attend appointment/promotions advisory committee meetings.
- Compose transmittal letters to the Provost/VP for Research for senior-level appointments and promotions.
- Attend the Medical School Executive Committee as necessary to present changes in policies and procedures related to the research track.
- Work closely with the UM Office of Research (UMOR) on time in rank extension requests and reduction-in-force (RIF) requests; as well as policies and procedures related to research track faculty.
- M.D. or Ph.D. degree.
- Eligible for Professor or Associate Professor faculty appointment at UMMS (for 75% effort).
- Thorough knowledge of resources on central campus.
- Training and experience in investigations and interviewing.
- Training and experience in mediation.
- Understanding of legal framework regarding appointments and terminations.
- Understanding of legal framework regarding discrimination.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.