Provide comprehensive nursing care to adult and geriatric patients before and during their cardiac cath. procedure including patients having Acute MI, heart failure, ACS, Pulmonary Hypertension, PAD, structure heart and pre-Op for cardiovascular surgery. Provide comprehensive nursing care to adult and geriatric patients during structural heart and vascular procedures performed in a hybrid cath lab/OR setting. Coordinate and participate with all members of the health care team including technical staff, physician staff and nursing from other areas.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted as Nursing Framework LEVEL C.
Actual Nursing Framework LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
Nursing Framework levels range from Level A to Level E.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- Current licensure to practice nursing in the state of Michigan.
- Minimum of 3 years of nursing experience with 2 years of ICU, ED or OR experience within the last 3 years.
- Experience with monitoring arrhythmias, hemodynamic pressures, emergent management of the cardiac patients and working knowledge of emergency cardiac medications.
- Experience with conscious sedation and airway management.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in emergent situations.
- Wide variety of computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a care team with the goal of service excellence and patient family centered care.
- Positive, can-do attitude, great team player.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants): You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Cardiac or Thoracic ICU experience or cardiac/thoracic OR experience within the past 3 years.
- Previous cath lab experience.
- Experience in caring for patients with intra-aortic balloon pump therapy and other ventricular assist devices.
- Always strives to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem by offering constructive, creative ideas.
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Hospital Nursing policies and practice.
Hours: 24 hours per week
Shift: Day/Evening rotation, no weekends or holidays.
Note: All new employees will be expected to float to a designated unit(s) in times of low census.
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Centers philosophy and culture:
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran status.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.