How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
As a member of Michigan Medicine’s Department of Strategic Planning and Business Development (SPBD), this individual will assist in the development and execution of Michigan Medicine’s strategic plans and initiatives, spanning the tripartite mission. In particular, this individual will participate in SPBD teams that advise senior leadership across a variety of initiatives, including creating cascaded, coordinated strategic plans, assessing and executing strategic affiliations and network development opportunities, implementing and coordinating key strategic initiatives, and formulating market and data analytics. In addition, this individual will work closely with Michigan Medicine’s strategic affiliates on cross-organizational initiatives to ensure successful and mutually rewarding affiliations. In this role, this individual will work with the SPBD Directors for Strategic Planning, Business Development, Strategic Implementation, and Business Analytics and Intelligence, all in support of the Chief Strategy Officer and the SPBD Medical Director.
- Assist in the preparation of strategic plans and business cases for enterprise-wide, and program-specific clinical, teaching, and research priorities and initiatives
- Develop business plans, pro formas, and feasibility studies to rigorously evaluate promising strategic opportunities
- Support execution of affiliations and partnerships, including facilitating various work streams, partnering with other Michigan Medicine stakeholders, and coordinating due diligence process
- Support implementation of established strategic plans and tactics, at both the enterprise level for all elements of the mission, and for specific services and programs
- Support post-closing implementation and operational integration of new affiliates (both hospital and physician group practices) joining Michigan Medicine
- Develop market analytics to support all forms of Michigan Medicine strategic plans and initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of data analytics tools (e.g., dashboards) utilized by Michigan Medicine leadership and individual departments and service lines
- Assist in supporting strategic planning efforts of Michigan Medicine affiliates, such as Metro Health in Grand Rapids
- Actively promote a culture of exceptional customer service within SPBD
- Participate in internal SPBD projects and initiatives aimed at enhancing and ensuring the quality of service provided to Michigan Medicine
A strong candidate will have the following qualifications:
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.