How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
We are in search of 1 Sponsored Programs Accounting Clerk Intermediate to join our team in the Finance-Sponsored Programs office. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that covers a wide range of administrative responsibilities serving both internal and external customers. The Reporting Area of Sponsored Programs completes approximately 7,700 reports annually while ensuring compliance with sponsor guidelines, of which the Uniform Guidance Reporting Area of Sponsored Programs completes approximately 3,900 reports annually.
The position is responsible for the review of Uniform Guidance budgets on federally sponsored projects and working with departments to resolve any expenditure exceeding the allotted budget. The position will also provide customer service to department administrators and project directors helping them with UG requirements, and identifying and correcting inappropriate account usage. In addition to UG workload, this position will assist with NRSA administrative process and complete new sub project requests.
Candidate must have high school diploma. Office experience, particularly in accounting and/or bookkeeping, is preferred. Candidate must be highly motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced, production environment. Candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate and work with a variety of individuals and units. Candidate must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to prioritize multiple projects and work independently. Candidate should have experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Organizational Core Competencies and Skills:
- Advancing the Mission - Demonstrates ability to operate effectively in a manner consistent with the University of Michigan mission and culture. Exhibits understanding of the unique issues related to higher education.
- Building Relationships/Interpersonal Skills - Values organizational diversity, treats others with respect, and promotes cooperation. Effectively manages relationships and collaborates with others at all levels throughout the University.
- Creative Problem Solving/Strategic Thinking - Develops and creates ideas, processes, and approaches focused on the future.
- Communication - Demonstrates excellent communication skills to those at all levels throughout the University. Ability to adapt communication style to address the needs of individuals at all levels throughout the University.
- Development of Self and Others - Seeks opportunities to learn and develop themselves and others by setting developmental goals and seeking performance feedback. Applies new skills and knowledge gained in an effort to add value to the organization.
- Flexibility/Adaptability to Change - Responds positively to and champions change to others.
- Leadership/Achievement Orientation - Holds self and staff accountable for meeting established objectives and successfully accomplishing desired outcomes.
- Quality Service - Strives to meet the expectations of internal and external customers, firmly establishing a service first culture. Displays solid understanding of internal control concepts and the implementation of internal control systems in a complex business environment. Delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
Sponsored Programs seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.