A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University’s Health and Wellbeing Services program promotes the health and well-being of the University community. MHealthy integrates three key service areas: wellness, faculty and staff assistance counseling and occupational health services. Programs and services are offered in nutrition, weight management, physical activity, tobacco and alcohol management, health risk assessment and coaching, mental and emotional health and occupational health (flu vaccinations, tb tests, injury and illness care, etc.). MHealthy also oversees an outreach program for middle school children called Project Healthy Schools.
Vision Statement - The University of Michigan will be a model community of health where both the individual and the organization thrive.
University Human Resources seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
MHealthy Health and Wellbeing services is seeking a highly competent, motivated and organized individual to provide direct administrative support to Business Operations. This position will report to the Associate Director of Business Operations. The candidate must be available to work during normal business hours 8:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
This position will:
- Manage the weight watcher’s financial reimbursement process.
- Monitor and manage inventory and supplies located in offsite locations.
- Manage the payroll deduction process for department physical activity programs.
- Create invoices for department services, process journal entries and prepare financial reports.
- Assist in the management of routine billing for Fitness Center memberships. This involves identifying credit card payments that were rejected and contacting customers to resolve.
- Provide logistical and database support for the Ergonomics Grant program. This includes the following: Maintain the ergo grant and awards database with updated information and to monitor applicants’ progression through the grant or award process, data entry in ergo database, manage the ergonomics email boxes, create and send offer letters for grants, prepare event plans for the award winners, create a PowerPoint slide deck for the Ergo grants and awards, take and produce quality minutes for committee members schedule meetings as needed.
- Manage the calendars, schedule meetings for various wellness staff and support staff with conference registrations and travel arrangements as needed.
- Back-up Front Desk - Answer phone overflow, cancel classes for staff, send out class cancelations as needed.
- Assist clients with registrations utilizing RecTrac and the communications system fresh desk.
- Support quarterly Business Operations Team meetings - schedule, take minutes, assist with agenda, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner and must be able to handle confidential data with discretion. The candidate will have demonstrated a high aptitude and comfort level with using multiple system applications including Mpathways, excel, word, powerpoint and databases. The position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and strong organizational skills including attention to detail. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and regularly exercise sound judgment in the application of policies, procedures, and methods; the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of professionals; the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; and maintain and promote a positive attitude and a focus on good customer service.
- Two or more years of experience in an administrative/financial role.
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to perform data entry with accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain attention to detail and ensure compliance with University guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set and manage priorities, use sound judgment, maintain strict confidentiality, multi-task effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, as evidenced by clearly written procedures and/or oral presentations resulting in messages being understood by diverse constituents.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to change, as evidenced by responding positively to change and transitioning seamlessly from one project to the next.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly motivated and values health and wellbeing. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of University policies and procedures, experience managing multiple calendars, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes and data entry is also desired. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively will be essential to working effectively in our team-oriented environment. Considerable knowledge of the operation and application of automated office text and data processing systems and procedures.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.