How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Clinical Trials Support Office and the Oncology Clinical Trials Support Unit is seeking a full-time, Research Laboratory Technician Senior to grow our mission to support clinical research at the Brighton Center for Specialty Care. This is a new position where working independently and creative problem-solving is welcomed and supported.
We help life-changing research happen. The science we support is not only interesting, it has a very real potential to positively impact patients and their families.
***Clinical Trials Support Office (CTSO) Responsibilities***
- Provides overall oversight of research labs at Brighton Center for Specialty Care (BCSC). This includes functional supervision of site research coordinators for training on Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), use lab equipment, management of supplies and ensuring adherence to established standard practice guidelines (SPGs).
- Provides lab maintenance including routine equipment maintenance, keeping lab spaces clean and organized, and maintaining records of freezer temperature logs.
***Oncology Clinical Trials Support Unit (O-CTSU) Responsibilities***
- Process clinical research samples according to protocol-specific requirements, primarily for O-CTSU supported clinical trials.
- Ship clinical research samples according to protocol-specific requirements. Arrange for transport to batch-shipped samples to O-CTSU's CRSP unit on main campus in the Rogel Cancer Center (aka CRSP - Main). Acts as a liaison between CRSP-Brighton and CRSP-Main, sponsor labs, study teams, and/or PI for protocol specific specimen management.
- Perform the following administrative tasks; requisition management, supply requests, shipment notifications and pickup request, answering site-specific research sample queries, deviation reporting, and other communication with the study team. Assists with the creation of sample collection flowcharts, estimates for lab effort and setup OnCore Biospecimen Management system.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience in clinical research with demonstrated commitment to continued professional development. (Medical Assistant or Pharmacy Tech certification desired).
- Provides technical lab support by performing complex laboratory and research related tasks. Performs protocol-specific processing and shipping that require a high degree of proficiency.
- Must demonstrate independence and autonomy in setting up, operating, and maintaining laboratory equipment. Acts as a specialist on laboratory methods and equipment functions. May provide training in the use of lab equipment and GLP for site research staff.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills with exceptional attention to detail. The ideal candidate must also possess good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, customer service, strong organizational and technology skills, the ability to multitask and prioritize assignments, must take initiative in process improvement, and function in a self-directed manner.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.