The University of Michigan-Dearborn’s Office of Graduate Studies is looking for a Graduate Admissions Data Processor to assist with our complex, highly responsible and detail-oriented graduate admissions data entry operation and maintenance.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for admission application processing support and CRM prospect data maintenance support. The position will report to the Assistant Director of Graduate Studies and work closely with the Application Coordinator.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, challenging environment performing a range of data entry and data maintenance activities with accuracy and attention to detail, utilizing databases and other resources effectively.
- Support coordinated, student-friendly processing of electronic graduate admission applications and supporting materials, utilizing TargetX (CRM built on Salesforce platform).
- Monitor and resolve suspense queues in Axiom (Data Integration tool).
- Assure quality control through data entry completeness and accuracy.
- Aid in de-duplication processes and other data integrity checks, using TargetX, Banner (Student Information System), WebFOCUS (reporting tool), and DemandTools (data quality tool).
- Become knowledgeable of approximately 50 specific graduate programs’ admission policies and processes.
- Responsible for screening applications for compliance with required admission policies, including residency and transcripts.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned to support the efforts of the Office of Graduate Studies.
- The successful candidate must possess or demonstrate the following minimum qualifications: An Associate’s degree in a relevant discipline (Bachelor’s degree preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience. Specific, relevant data entry and data maintenance experience in database operations with demonstrated accuracy and speed required.
- Work experience in an academic setting, in particular an admissions office desired.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with varying deadlines required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently with initiative, as well as in a collaborative, team-oriented, office environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to use diverse, current computer applications and software systems essential.
- Previous experience in or knowledge of the following systems desired: Banner, TargetX (Salesforce), Axiom, WebFOCUS, DemandTools, and Perceptive Content (imaging system).
Hours: 20 hours per week/Half-Time; Still Benefits Eligible (Schedule to be determined with supervisor; some location flexibility may be possible after initial training)
Department: Office of the Provost
Salary Range: Half-Time at $20,000/year. [Full-Time Equivalent Rate: $40,000] Please note that this is being set up as a 4-month term limited appointment at this time. There is potential for this to extend into a longer term-limited and perhaps permanent position depending on fit and overall contributions.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.